We had a great time with Maggie and enjoyed hooking together. You can see that we had a few wild color artists in our midst and Maggie played right along!
June 28, 2014 Meeting Minutes
Meeting was called to order at 10:35am.
Two presentations were made to Cheryl Bollenbach for all of the work she has done for the guild. A lovely painting was presented as well as a sheep’s head sculpture. The Sheep had a variety of holiday costumes that Cheryl can use to decorate for the seasons-MardiGras, Easter, 4th of July, Christmas and Summer.
The plans for the Hook-In in September were reviewed:
Sure Rust-Silent Auction-has enough volunteers
Quink-Rug Show-needs volunteers in one hr increments
Gloria-door/entry- needs volunteers in one hr increments
Amy showed the proof of the postcards that we ordered to advertise the hook-in.
Gloria reviewed the treasurers report. We are doing fine.
Committee authorized the ordering of lanyards.
Discussed the 2015 Hook-in dates. Tenatively scheduled for Sept 26, 2015 pending teacher availability.
Sharon Smith will be one of our 2015 teachers. Sign up for this class will be October 28. Classes may go up to 15. Sharon is requesting class do her patterns.
July 23. 2014 Meeting Minutes
Meeting was called to order at 10:00am
· New Member Welcome and Introductions-Two new members joined us-Gwen and Judy both found us on the internet. Hearty welcome! Both new members coincidently won our wool raffle of the month.
· Reviewed remaining needs for Hook-In- Front Door still needs 7 volunteers
· Preliminary Hook in Schedule:
o 10Am Beginner Hooking-
o 11 am Cynthia Norwood Presentation-Cynthia Norwood
o 1pm Dog Bone Ornament Demonstration-Mary Ann Goetz
o 1:30 pm Paisley Discussion-Sandy Walker
o Inquiries for others that want to participate-Cheryl Bollenbach volunteered to do a dying demonstration. We need to work out the time (need to work around other times she volunteered for)
· Request for Silent Auction Donations. This year requesting that the donations be tied to rug hooking in some manner
· Post cards for advertising Hook-In were distributed. Cheryl B will send to Utah and New Mexico hooking groups.
· Members voted and authorized Quink to have a petty cash fund of $25 for the purposes of mailing supplies requested to members. The process would be for members to contact Quink, she would estimate postage/envelope costs and member would pay for postage if they are requesting supplies be mailed.
· The costs of the Maggie B camp were overestimated and Carol was able to negotiate further discounts. The excess dollars will be given back to class attendees as refunds.
· Reminder of future classes:
o Cynthia Norwood classes Sept 10, 11, 12 and Sept 15, 16, 17. Carol relays that the classes may have 1 or 2 openings. Check with Carol Howard if you are interested. All monies are due now.
o Sharon Smith-Will have 3 classes-May 11,12, 13; May 14, 15, 16; May 18, 19, 29. We will be signing up in October meeting. $125 deposit due at that time. We must use Sharon Smith patterns if we are taking her class. She works primarily in 4, 6, 8 cuts.
o Members offered several suggestions regarding classes:
§ Teachers should provide the type of instructions they will provide or a teaching plan so that members can review prior to signing up for the class. Suggest asking for the plan at the time of teacher contracting.
§ Members need to check out the teacher styles to see if the class and their style appeals to you.