Meeting started with a work in progress throw down.
Linda encouraged members to look at the updated website. Cheri volunteered to update the website with pictures. Gloria requested that we build links for officers on the website.
Group wool buy was delivered. We purchased from Wool Studio and Heavens to Betsy. All of the wool was lovely and there were many oohs and aahs. Thank you to Carol H for organizing and packaging.
Five new visitors came to visit-JoAnne, Michelle, Suzie, Lou and Debbie.
It was announced that we had combined some of our Sharon Smith classes and have gone from 3 to 2 classes. With that decision we are sold out. We will have 14 students in each class. Reminder of class dates May11-13, May 14-16 both occurring at LaQuinta Inn 7077 S Clinton Street 9am-3:30pm.
Oct 5-7 and Oct 9-11 Jane Hester will be coming. Class information will come out in April or May and we will be looking for the first payment in June.
Next April (2016) Maggie Bonanomi will be coming back. We can partner with Black Sheep Wool and Gatherings to the split the cost. She will be doing wool applique.
Theresa R gave the Sew Expo report. Members demonstrated rug hooking for 2 days. Participants relayed it was fun and they had 30 people sign up for more information.
Sharon G and Carol H have compiled a spreadsheet of everyone we have ever emailed so that we can try and communicate electronically regarding guild events, Hook in etc.
It was announced that Judy Kripps had a booking conflict and could not attend our Hook-In. If you have ideas for vendors please pass them to Amy.
Raffle rug is in progress and was displayed. It was suggested as you finish your square to post pictures to the Facebook page for the CRFG so that we can see progress. It is looking good!
Theresa R went to the Wool wrights Hook In. She reported that it was probably the largest guild. They had 13 vendors including Betsy Reed and Rebecca Erb. They presold tickets to the event. She wondered if we wanted to contemplate preselling tickets. Pros and cons were discussed. Decided at this point we would not pre-sell tickets.
Discussion of Hook-In:
· Raffle Rug ticket sales
· Table Décor-bed spring flowers. We need 20. If we make extra we can sell at silent auction.
· Loveland ladies agreed to make a few wool bouquets for the silent auction.
· Determined we will use the design of the post cards for the email blast, and we will also mail post cards.
· Carol H received tape measures for door entry prize.
· Setup Chair-Theresa R
· Education/Demo Chair-Cheryl B
· Rug Show-Quink and Andrea. They will need 12 volunteers. Maggie Bonanomi will be the featured rug designer-so if you have a Maggie B rug you hooked be sure to bring it for the featured rug designer section of the rug show.
· Front Door- Tammy and Kim
· Food- yet to draft
· Silent Auction-Sharon G
· Clean up- yet to draft