Meeting was called to order at 10:30.
Mary Ann gave a demonstration on how to make the bedspring flowers that we are hooking for our table décor for the Hook In. The pattern consists of a 4 inch circle with a 3 inch circle inside. You hook the 3 inch circle and then all along the outer edge is a place for proddy petals. The piece is then placed over a half-ball of Styrofoam, and mounted on the bedspring.
In analyzing the success of the beginner kits it was decided to change the beginner kit to a heart flag pattern. The benefit of the change is that we can teach new hookers to hook in straight lines which are easier for beginners.
An analysis was requested of the expenditures for the web site. It was determined that it costs about $155 a year.
Treasurers report was given. Current balance is approximately $14,000. This includes all of the class registration fees we have collected and will need to be distributed next month for the Sharon Smith classes.
It was announced that Sharon Gunderson is looking for wool related items for the silent auction.
Much attention and discussion was given to the topic of other venues for the monthly hook-in meetings. Mary Ann has found a venue that is 40 seats larger at the Denver Police Department. It is off University and I-25. Concern was voiced that it was farther for the people coming from Loveland, it is about 7 more miles to drive.
· Concern was voiced that if we try other locations we might lose the location we have now
· Concern was expressed that we have had members leaving angry due to no seating space.
· Concern was expressed that we have talked for a number of months now on needing addition space.
· Concern was expressed that if we continue to try and goal the guild (which is one of our objectives) that we are further compounding the space problem.
· The only point of agreement was that at times we could use more space, especially when we have meetings with wool buys or special events occurring.