- Meeting was called.
- Gloria and Mary Ann were recognized and thanked for their service to the Guild as Treasurer and President. They were presented with flowering orchids.
- Introduction of new guests-None noted
- Treasury update-Becky was not available. Continue to give Gloria money until the treasurer position can be transitioned.
- Announcement of vacant Education Chair and request for a volunteer to fill this position. None noted at this time.
- Hook in Update-Signup sheets for volunteering for various activities were distributed and returned.
- Silent Auction to be chaired by Sharon G. Silent Auction will be from 10am-2pm.
- Food-Request for chair and two volunteers for set up. Plan to order lunches similar to last year. Food setup to occur at 1130 am.
- Rug Show-Quink to chair with assistance from Andrea. Quink will be recruiting 12-14 volunteers-two each hour plus set up and check in. Rug show to be 10am-2pm.
- Door-Beck to Chair. Will need approximately 6 volunteers
- Raffle-Chris and Amy. Speaker from the Arvada Police Dept to occur at Noon. Looking for one person to sell tickets at the hook in up to the raffle event. Chris S reviewed the details and expectations that she is able to account for every ticket and the money associated with the details. Now that Chris is back you can obtain tickets from her and turn in sales results and stubs to her.
- Table décor and door prizes are being taken care by Tammy, Kim and Mary Ann. Mary Ann relayed that we were short a few hooked pieces and handed out more blanks with requests to hook them and return by next meeting.
- Vendor Set-Up Need 4 volunteers to arrive at 6:30am
- Beginner Classes- Mary Ann will be teaching. Looking or 1-2 volunteers. Classes to occur at 11am-12pm and 1pm-2pm.
- Communication liaison will be Mary Jo.
- Mass email announcing Hook-In to be sent shortly and postcard announcements to be distributed shortly.
- Discussed the idea of having demos or play days and requests for members to sign up to volunteer to lead a demo or play day. Ideas presented were wool journals, Magdalena pattern drafting day, demos on rug finishing techniques. Open to other ideas for fiber art project for members to participate in if they desire Sign-up sheet for the next year passed around.
- Wool was cut for beginning class kits for the Hook In.
- Discussion of how to handle beginner kits and hooks. Agreed that at the end of the class the beginner got the kit, we keep the hoops and the beginner has the option of either buying the hook or turning it in at the end of the class.
- Announcement of Sandy S sale to benefit Sandy’s grandchildren. Occurring Thurs June 30 and Friday July 1 9:30-3.
- Reviewed location and dates and times of Cheryl B classes that will be occurring in July. Pam requested that those attending get their lunch requests in soon.
Demo for Calendars
Making Labels-Sherri Matz
Work on binding technique- Ginny W
Volunteer Sign Sheet for Hook In:
Silent Auction-Chair Sharon G
- Sharon G
- Kathy F
- Pam Sisk
Rug Show- Quink Chair
Quink will recruit.
Pam S, Ginny W (end of day), Linda I signed up to volunteer
- Marilane McCarthy
Raffle-Chair Chris S
- Rug Ticket Sales 9-Noon
Vendor Set-Up-Amy Chair
- Joanna Brandt