2. Reviewed Board Meeting that occurred July 18. Items discussed in board meeting included:
· particulars and scope of decision making authority of subcommittees. Upon consultation with our rules and bylaws identified search committee is to identify potential locations, with recommendations to be returned to the board, reviewed and shared with the guild in whole. Requested that the committee would include the items that the guild had used previously to find our current location.
· Need to move forward with the gaming license
· How to handle food for the Hook-In. Determined would order in sub-sandwiches since there was so much work associated with members handling the food details, and lack of member interest in joining this committee.
· Need for future agendas to include demos, play days, program planning and need to advise of cost (from the rules and by-laws).
· Suggestion to have a survey of membership of what activities they would like to see and find valuable in our meetings.
· Discussion of whether we were going to fill Jayne Hester’s classes.
· Discussion post meeting with Carol Howard who has agreed to stay on as education chair with suggestions to modify how we handle the workload associated with classes and cooridination of teachers, assistance in loading/unloading, food acquisition etc. Work is too much for one person.
3. Checked with chairs leading Hook-In committees. Reviewed list of vendors coming
4. Approved reimbursement for new student expenses.
5. Discussed new member survey. Desire to do it with Survey Monkey. Members agreed this was a good idea. Survey items to include items such as how often to have a group wool buy, how many camps annually, ideas for programs/demos, how much are we willing to pay for space, how much are we willing to increase dues to accommodate a large room, do they support the search for a larger room. Other suggestions should be forwarded to board member so we can include them in the survey.
6. Table décor makers (flowers on bedsprings)-requested a few more helpers with this.
7. Discussed possible sites for a weekend get a way-Grand Mountain Ranch, Snow Mountain Ranch were possible suggestions.
Meeting was adjourned.