- Meeting was called to order at 10am.
- Wool distribution and money collection from the annual wool buy occurred. Thank you to Gloria, Mary Ann and Carol for cutting the wool and bagging it for distribution. Thank you to Sharon G for the paper bags used for distribution.
- Kit making for new students was discussed. We need many kits for the Hook In. It was decided to do the kit making in June during our meeting, so everyone bring your cutters and we will make short work of the project.
- Asked for volunteer for education chair. Carol R has decided to step down from this position. Members suggested that perhaps a committee rather than one person might make the work easier.
- Planning for Hook-in:
- Samples of this year’s table décor were shared and more patterns were distributed. We need approximately 25 of these made. Table décor committee requested that these be returned by June meeting so the committee can finish constructing them.
- Sharon G requested more silent auction items.
- Amy gave a vendor report. We are looking for more vendors. We usually have 13 and currently have 8 committed.
- Raffle Rug which benefits the Arvada Police Scholarship Program (Official title of program to be provided and a flyer on the organization to be developed to help assist in sales). Members can check out tickets or they were on sale for members. $2 each. Drawing for the rug will be at noon at the hook-in and a member of the scholarship program will be present to discuss what they do and how the money will benefit the program. Sharon Gunderson also made a lovely cloth tag for the raffle rug indicating the year and CRFG benefit rug. Members that made squares for the rug were asked to sign the binding.
- Reviewed Cheryl B three classes that are being offered this summer. Class sizes are limited to ten students. If you have an interest talk to Ginny Waldera. Classes are $195 each. Dates of classes-class 1 July 11, 12, 13 Cupboard Shading and Landscape
July 25, 26, 27 Faces class
Class 1 and 2 will be at Kindred cottage and class 3 will be the Community room Arvada police station 64th and Kendrick
- A portion of the guild’s library was present. Pam S reviewed that her plan is to rotate what is brought to each meeting. Process to check out a book is to sign an index card, give it to Pam and then return the book at the next meeting.
- Membership voted to elect the slate from the nominating committee.